Skip to main content

Non-Resident ILL: Home

To borrow books or receive a photocopied/digitized journal article from CARL, you are to request the item by contacting your local or school library's interlibrary loan (ILL) service.

Please check our ONLINE CATALOG and the ELECTRONIC DATABASES to be sure we have the item you are needing before submitting your request to your local library!

Required Core books or Reserve Books:

  • Required core books and Reserve books are not eligible for ILL.

Eligible Material Types:

  • Regular circulating books owned by CARL.
  • Copies of journal articles.
  • Non-book materials cannot be requested.

Limits to Copies:

  • One article in a single journal issue.
  • One chapter in a book.
  • Staff discretion of more than 50 pages for a single item.