To borrow books or receive a photocopied/digitized journal articles from CARL, you are to request the item by contacting your local or school library's interlibrary loan (ILL) service.
Because of licensing restrictions, some of CARL's online databases are only available from outside the library to users who (1) are CGSC students, faculty, or staff, (2) have a library account, or (3) have access to CGSC Blackboard.
If you are off campus, the 14-digit number on the back of your library card or the pin numbers in Blackboard will allow you access to our licensed databases. The prompt looks like the following:
(Resident Students, Faculty, Staff, & Community Members)
1. Have your 14 digit library card number ready.
2. Click - ILL Form and begin your request. (Note: Expect limited service and delays from participating libraries during the COVID-19 pandemic. We apologize for any inconvenience.)
3. Enter the title of the book or journal (not the article title) and click search.
4. Once you locate the title you want, click on it.
5. Then click the "ILL" icon at the top left. (Note: If you do not see this icon, please contact ILL staff via email at email@example.com)
6. Enter the required contact information. If you are requesting an article; please enter the volume, edition, article title, author and pages in the section labeled comments.
7. Click submit and you will receive an email notification when your item is available for pick up.